- Empire™ Zoysia is one of the most popular Zoysia grasses in Australia due to its low maintenance.
- Empire™ Zoysia once established, in most applications, has a very high drought tolerance and is quickly becoming known as a tough, hardwearing turf.
- Empire™ Zoysia can survive on natural rainfall and if left to its own devices, saves on longterm mowing, pesticides, de-thatching and fertiliser.
- Empire™ Zoysia has improved pest and disease resistance and tolerates low to moderate salinity.
- Empire™ Zoysia has excellent fast initial growth across the ground compared to other Zoysias. Its runners are highly branching, which provides excellent recovery from wear.
- Empire™ Zoysia’s nickname is EZ grass and is commonly referred to as the “easy grass”.
- Empire™ Zoysia has been proven to significantly strengthen soil by 48%, improving erosion control of roadsides, steep embankments, batters, stream embankment, retaining walls and foreshores compared to Couch (3.2%) and Kikuyu (9.7%) .
- Empire™ Zoysia can endure long periods of non-attention, but when well maintained looks lush and maintains colour year-round, so is suited to a large range of commercial purposes.
- Empire™ Zoysia meets the Erosion Control Australian Standard No# AS5181: 2017 – Use and installation of turf as an erosion, nutrient and sediment control measure.
Growth: Stolons and rhizomes
Vigour: Strong to very strong
Length: Very long (120-140mm)
Width: Medium (2-2.3mm)
Stolon Length: Long to very long
Stolon diameter of node: Medium to broad
Internode length: Long (35mm)
Internode thickness: Broad
Internode colour: Greyed-purple
Fit for Purpose:
All-purpose turf: Domestic, roadwork's, and projects that require LOW long-term maintenance.
- Roadworks across Australia for erosion control.
- Windy coastal areas due to tolerance of higher salt levels.
- High density domestic housing developments.
- Shopping centres and large landscaping projects.
Establish spring to autumn. Slow growing in winter.
Required for establishment, then can exist on rainfall due to deep rooted system. (far less than Couch and Kikuyu)
Low (far less than Couch and Kikuyu)
About 2-4 mows per year for civil/projects to maintain a dense sward and for erosion control for drainage works.
Maximum Unmown Height:
Recommended Mowing Height:
Vibrant in summer and, although dormant in winter, it maintains colour well.
Out competes weeds due to its dense sward when maintained.
Recommended 1 a year (far less than Couch and Kikuyu).
High (based on silica content).
Medium - 40-50% shade tolerance. (higher than Couch and Kikuyu).
Tolerates to -12degC. Following frost, regenerates well after first mow.
High (higher than Buffalo and Couch).
Friendly faces will be here to greet you when you come to pick up your new turf. Generally, we can have your order cut and ready with 24 hours notice. On weekends we're a little busier, so we ask that you order on Thursday for pick up on Saturday Morning. We will do the loading for you. We just wont be at the other end to help unload (Unless you have asked us to assist with the installation).
Deliveries are made within 24 hours to Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba. Our truck fully loaded carries 600m2 and we unload on site with our skid steer or forklift as close to the prepared area as possible to save you the labour. If you only need a couple of pallets we can use the smaller truck and unload it by hand.
Bigger loads can be organised on semi-trailers and we do this alot for clients west of Toowoomba.