- Palmetto® Buffalo is the Number 1 selling Buffalo in the world.
- Palmetto® Buffalo outperforms ‘Sir Walter’ in trials for maintaining colour, hardiness and
- As Palmetto® Buffalo grows slower than other Buffalo varieties, therefore less mowing, less
- Palmetto® Buffalo faired the best for drought tolerance against all other Buffalo varieties
trialled thanks to its deep-rooted system.
- Palmetto® Buffalo winter colour faired ≈ 40% better than Sir Walter and 140% better than
- Palmetto® Buffalo has strong-growing runners that grow across the ground, rather than
upwards creating a dense lawn with solid wear tolerance and recovery rate.
- Palmetto® Buffalo meets the Erosion Control Australian Standard No# AS5181: 2017
Vigour: Medium to Strong
Texture of surface: Glabrous
Inflorescence anthers: Terminal or axillary
Attitude: Horizontal (much like a teenager)
Colour: Dark green
Stolon Length: Medium
Stolon diameter of node: Medium to broad
Internode length: Medium
Internode thickness: Medium
Internode colour: Yellow/green
Establish August to May. Dormant in low temperatures in winter.
Required for establishment: 1-14 days (4mm twice a day), 15-28 days (7.5mm
once a day), 29-35 days (7.5mm every 2nd day). Then twice weekly to maintain good colour.
Requires regular mowing to maintain good colour but lower than other Buffalos
due to low seed head production (about 3 times per month).
Maximum Unmown Height:
Recommended Mowing Height:
Recommended mowing height in full sun 20-50mm, in shade 50-70mm.
Excellent winter colour. Holds winter colour longer than most other commercial Buffalo varieties.
High: It’s dense growth makes it harder for weeds to invade.
High: Avoid watering late afternoon or in the evening to limit leaf spot diseases.
Every 3 months or as required.
High (due to quick growing stolons producing lateral growth).
High. Grows in full-sun to 60% shade. Handles 45%-50% shade under moderate wear.
High: Tolerates to -7degC
Has low seed head production in ideal growing conditions. If seed head is prolific, it is an early indication of plant stress.
Friendly faces will be here to greet you when you come to pick up your new turf. Generally, we can have your order cut and ready with 24 hours notice. On weekends we're a little busier, so we ask that you order on Thursday for pick up on Saturday Morning. We will do the loading for you. We just wont be at the other end to help unload (Unless you have asked us to assist with the installation).
Deliveries are made within 24 hours to Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba. Our truck fully loaded carries 600m2 and we unload on site with our skid steer or forklift as close to the prepared area as possible to save you the labour. If you only need a couple of pallets we can use the smaller truck and unload it by hand.
Bigger loads can be organised on semi-trailers and we do this alot for clients west of Toowoomba.