- Oakridge Kikuyu is a male sterile type which means no seeds to blow onto neighbouring gardens, much better appearance and no allergy causing pollen.
- Are you looking for a high cold tolerance turf? Look no further than Oakridge Kikuyu and its amazing colour presentation in cooler areas.
- With its finer leaves, Oakridge Kikuyu is finer than standard Kikuyu varieties, vigorous growing stems and medium green colour.
- This variety of Kikuyu recovers quickly when worn, making Oakridge Kikuyu the turf of choice for schools, racing tracks and sports fields. Backyard footy or cricket will not worry the backyard greenkeeper in your family home.
- With Oakridge Kikuyu there are no unsightly webs of white stamens across the turf like standard kikuyu varieties.
- You won't experience lawn damage from seed-harvesting parrots with Oakridge Kikuyu.
- An attractive feature of Oakridge Kikuyu is its soft leaves and the absence of spikey stalks.
Growth: Stolons and rhizomes
Vigour: Strong to very strong
Colour: Light Green
Stolon Length: Very long
Stolon diameter of node: Medium to broad
Internode length: Long
Internode thickness: Broad
Fit for Purpose:
High performance turf ideal for home lawns and high impact public areas like:.
- Horse racing.
- Sporting fields.
- Parks and public facilities.
Quick to establish.
Every 5 to 7 days
Recommended Mowing Height:
Medium. Tolerates light frosts.
Friendly faces will be here to greet you when you come to pick up your new turf. Generally, we can have your order cut and ready with 24 hours notice. On weekends we're a little busier, so we ask that you order on Thursday for pick up on Saturday Morning. We will do the loading for you. We just wont be at the other end to help unload (Unless you have asked us to assist with the installation).
Deliveries are made within 24 hours to Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba. Our truck fully loaded carries 600m2 and we unload on site with our skid steer or forklift as close to the prepared area as possible to save you the labour. If you only need a couple of pallets we can use the smaller truck and unload it by hand.
Bigger loads can be organised on semi-trailers and we do this alot for clients west of Toowoomba.