- Oakridge Kikuyu is a male sterile type which means no seeds to blow onto neighbouring gardens, much better apearance and no allergy causing pollen.
- Oakridge Kikuyu has high cold tolerance which means it has amazing colour presentation in cooler areas.
- Oakridge Kikuyu has finer leaves than standard Kikuyu varieties, vigorous growing stems and medium green colour.
- Oakridge Kikuyu recovers quickly when worn.
- Oakridge Kikuyu has no unsightly webs of white stamens across the turf.
- Oakridge Kikuyu won't get lawn damage from seed-harvesting parrots.
- Oakridge Kikuyu is has soft leaves and no spikey stalks.
Growth: Stolons and rhizomes
Vigour: Strong to very strong
Stolon Length: ??
Stolon diameter of node: ??
Internode length: ??
Internode thickness: ??
Internode colour: ??
Fit for Purpose:
High performance turf ideal for home lawns and high impact public areas like:.
- Horse racing.
- Sporting fields.
- Parks and public facilities.
Quick to establish.
Maximum Unmown Height:
Recommended Mowing Height:
Medium. Tolerates light frosts.
Friendly faces will be here to greet you when you come to pick up your new turf. Generally, we can have your order cut and ready with 24 hours notice. On weekends we're a little busier, so we ask that you order on Thursday for pick up on Saturday Morning. We will do the loading for you. We just wont be at the other end to help unload (Unless you have asked us to assist with the installation).
Deliveries are made within 24 hours to Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba. Our truck fully loaded carries 600m2 and we unload on site with our skid steer or forklift as close to the prepared area as possible to save you the labour. If you only need a couple of pallets we can use the smaller truck and unload it by hand.
Bigger loads can be organised on semi-trailers and we do this alot for clients west of Toowoomba.