- Wintergreen Couch is a great general purpose, economical lawn that resists wear and recovers quickly.
- Wintergreen Couch is a medium green in colour with soft, fine leaves.
- Wintergreen Couch is the most popular lawn for homes in Queensland and gorw vigorously, especially in Summer.
- Wintergreen Couch is economical to purchase, install and maintain.
- Wintergreen Couch resists drought stress.
- Wintergreen Couch is resistant to wear and because of this it is commonly used for sports areas.
- Wintergreen Couch is ideal for coastal areas because of it's salt tolerance.
- Wintergreen Couch has good disease and pest resistance qualities.
- Wintergreen Couch is ideal for low care situations such as rental properties.
Growth: Stolons and rhizomes
Vigour: Medium to strong
Width: Medium (2-2.3mm)
Colour: Light Green
Stolon Length: Long to very long
Stolon diameter of node: Medium
Internode length: Medium
Internode thickness: Narrow
Fit for Purpose:
- Ideal for domestic properties with lots of children due to its wear tolerance.
- Often installed on sports grounds.
- Popular for rental properties.
- New Residental Estates.
Establish spring to autumn. Slow growing in winter.
Is drought tolerant and seems to do well when neglected by tenants.
When not neglected, requires regular mowing.
Maximum Unmown Height:
Recommended Mowing Height:
20-30mm. Is tolerant of low mowing height.
Out competes weeds due to its dense sward when maintained.
Friendly faces will be here to greet you when you come to pick up your new turf. Generally, we can have your order cut and ready with 24 hours notice. On weekends we're a little busier, so we ask that you order on Thursday for pick up on Saturday Morning. We will do the loading for you. We just wont be at the other end to help unload (Unless you have asked us to assist with the installation).
Deliveries are made within 24 hours to Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba. Our truck fully loaded carries 600m2 and we unload on site with our skid steer or forklift as close to the prepared area as possible to save you the labour. If you only need a couple of pallets we can use the smaller truck and unload it by hand.
Bigger loads can be organised on semi-trailers and we do this alot for clients west of Toowoomba.